Leading from the front and meeting its commitment, Honda has launched the all NEW premium ACTIVA 125, much ahead of April 2020 deadline. First unveiled in the month of June’19, the new Honda Activa 125 BSVI is designed and built for the next era of transformation. It comes with a host of industry-first features offering more value to the customers. With dispatches starting towards the end of September, get ready to choose this festival between three variants of Activa 125 BSVI with price starting from Rs. 67,490 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
At the heart of Activa 125 ticks, Bharat Stage VI compliant Honda’s trusted 125cc PGM-FI HET (Honda Eco Technology) engine, boosted by Enhanced Smart Power (eSP). The new Activa 125 BSVI brings future technology to the present, bringing India at par with the global standards the Sophisticated, Precise & Sensitive Enhanced Smart Power (eSP). A performance accelerator to the HET engine, Honda Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) technology optimizes energy output by maximizing efficient combustion and minimizing friction with a silent start & a smooth eco-friendly engine.
Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) is an integration of the following
1. Unique Honda ACG Starter starts the engine jolt free via the same AC generator used to generate current and charge the battery while riding. This eliminates the need for a conventional starter motor, thus, there is no gear meshing noises. Two new mechanical features lead to engine start without applying much force – the first being efficient utilisation of decompression with slightly opened exhaust valves (at the beginning of compression stroke) followed by the Swing Back feature which rotates the engine in a slightly opposite direction, which allows the piston to take a ‘running start’, making it easier to start the engine with a small amount of power. The Honda ACG starter also ensures comfortable frequent operation of the Idling Stop System – another first for Honda models in India. The Idling Stop System automatically switches the engine off at the traffic light and other brief stops, eliminating unnecessary fuel consumption and resulting in lesser emission. The engine can easily be re-started with a simple twist of the throttle.
2. Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): It injects the right amount of fuel in cylinder based on specific engine data and constant feedback from the sensors. It results in smooth and linear power output throughout.
3. Improvised tumble flow: Honda developed the world’s first tumble flow technology through the integrated die-casting process. It produces tumble flow by optimizing inlet port shape and using reverse flow phenomenon, without adding additional components leading to combustion improvisation.
4. Friction Reduction: Offset Cylinder, compact weight crankshaft & piston reduce overall engine friction. Optimized weight results in improved fuel efficiency.
5. Mileage UP: The mileage of the new environment-friendly BSVI Activa 125 is up by 13% due to a completely new engine powered by globally acclaimed eSP technology.
In addition to the 18-litre under-seat storage space, new Activa 125 BSVI gets a front glove box which provides additional storage space. It also comes equipped with a unique integrated dual function switch for unlocking the seat & opening external fuel lid offering maximum convenience to the rider.
A new digital analogue meter with Advanced Information: It gets advanced with three New real-time informatics like Range (displays distance one can travel with existing fuel in the tank), Average fuel efficiency (for overall fuel efficiency display) & Real-time Fuel Efficiency for rich riding experience. The meter displays details like Total Trip, Clock, ECO Indicator and Service Due Indicator with an On-Board Diagnostic feature of Malfunction light. Side Stand Indicator with Engine Inhibitor (a first in scooter segment) prevents engine start while the side stand is engaged enabling a convenient and carefree ride.
The Activa 125 BSVI comes with a full LED headlamp and restyled signature LED position lamps. Premium chrome finish on the front and side panels complemented by embossed 3D Activa 125 logo gives the scooter a new stylish personality. A full metal body with a chiselled tail lamp & grab rails along Combi-Brake System (CBS) with equalizer and 3-step adjustable rear suspension. Honda will also be offering a special 6-year warranty package (3 years standard + 3 years optional extended warranty) on Activa 125 BSVI.
The Activa 125 BSVI will be available in three variants (Standard, Alloy and Deluxe) and 4 colours (Rebel Red Metallic, Midnight Blue Metallic, Heavy Grey Metallic & Pearl Precious White). The all-new Activa 125 BSVI is priced starting from Rs. 67,490 (Standard). The other two variants Alloy & Deluxe are priced at Rs. 70,990 & Rs. 74,490 respectively. (prices ex-showroom, Delhi).