Tata Motors recently took off the covers from their next product that would soon be coming to India at the on-going 89th Geneva Motor Show. Referred to as Tata Buzzard Geneva Edition, this 7-Seater SUV has a lot to offer. Here are 5 Things To Know about upcoming Tata Buzzard in India:
1. Tata Buzzard the nameplate: It is not clear whether or not Tata Motors would be using the same name for this 7-Seater SUV once when it comes to India. For the time being it is being called as Tata Buzzard Geneva Edition. This is for a fact that in Europe this SUV will go by this name.
2. Tata Buzzard launch date in India: Tata Buzzard is expected to be launched in India by the second half of 2019.
3. Tata Buzzard expected price in India: Tata Buzzard Geneva Edition will be Tata Motors flagship product. Therefore expect Tata Buzzard to be priced above Rs 18 lakh in India.
4. Tata Buzzard Exterior design and dimensions: Up front, Tata Buzzard will remind you of Tata Harrier. However, when looked closely, this 7-seater SUV does have a precise distinction in relation to its 5-seater younger sibling. One of the most significant change is that the Buzzard is longer by 64mm when compared to the Harrier. A result of which is the addition of a third row. The rear tailgate is also very different in relation to the Harrier. Plus 19-inch alloy wheels adorn the rubber propelling this SUV.
5. Tata Buzzard Engine and platform: Tata Buzzard is believed to offer a 2.0-litre KRYOTEC diesel engine under the skin capable of producing a maximum power output of 170bhp alongside a peak torque of 350Nm. While the transmission duties could be carried out by a 6-speed manual stick. There would also be a six-speed torque converter automatic transmission on offer. That apart, Tata Buzzard is based on the same platform as the Tata Harrier, that is, the OMEGA ARC platform sourced from Land Rover’s D8 architecture.