Japanese automaker Toyota recently unveiled an enhanced version of their SUV – Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2 for Thailand. 2018 Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2 which is expected to come into India sometime next year features quite a few upgrades on the outside. To know more, here are ‘5 Things To Know’ about 2018 Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2:
- Old vs New: The last Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo that India saw was based on the older design. Therefore with the introduction of an all-new Fortuner, it was only time that would determine the induction of a sportier version called Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2. The Indian launch is expected to be sometime in 2019.
- Enhanced Nose: 2018 Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2 gets a new bumper design along with a re-styled front grille. First the bumper, it now features an aggressive design as it offers lower and wider air-dam with red highlights. The presence of a splitter around the bottom lip and string air vents along with a set of sleeker fog lamps provide it with the much needed look. While the front grille now gets burshed metal finish instead of the black treatment given to it earlier.
- New set of alloy wheels.: The Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2 features a new set of 20-inch dual-tone alloy wheels. Though not new, the inclusion of blacked-out roof and pillars alongside constrasting ORVM’s further enhance this SUV’s appeal.
- Improvised Tailgate: Similar to the front-end design, the rear to has some significant upgrades. Brushed metal finish finds itself adorning the rear tailgate. Its new bumper design incorporates elements like a blacked out lower section, faux diffuser and larger reflectors.
- Interiors and engine specifications remain unchanged: No changes have been made to the cabin. Thus what 2018 Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2 interiors bring forward is a combination of red and black treatment. Components like door cards, dashboard and seats all have red inserts. To establish its model name, there is TRD embossed on the instrument cluster alongside red highlights. As for the engine, it is the same 2.8-litre turbocharged diesel mill which is currently found in the Sportivo. This engine is good for producing 174 bhp of power output with 450 Nm peak torque. One can expected Toyota Kirloskar Motors to offer the 2018 Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2 in both 2WD and 4WD versions.