Mr. Pavan Shetty is the Director of Porsche India. Prior to this, he was heading operations for Lamborghini India and was associated with Ford as well as a Regional Sales Manager.
Q- Describe yourself in one word.
Q- What are your 3 biggest accomplishments?
- Familiarizing India with Sportscars
- Creating a new product category (Porsche cars under 1cr.) for the Indian market by right-sizing of the Cayman, Boxster and Macan from a 3.6 litre engine to a 2-litre engine
- Improving marketing efforts of Porsche India by focusing on customer centric experience based events & extending focus on Tier II cities
Q- You think an Ivy League or a Degree Tag is essential to move up in life?
- An Ivy League/Degree tag can provide you with information, but what is needed in life is decisions. You can make decisions only with real experiences and these decisions are a key to success.
Q- How many messages do you get in your inbox everyday and how do you manage them?
- Around 150 or so. How I manage them? Do – Delegate – Defer – Delete. In that order.
Q- Tell us how you’ve approached change?
- My first reaction is discomfort but my approach has always been to weigh the pros and cons and, most of the times, my head wins over my heart.
Q- Will self-driving cars be a reality in the future? What is your take?
- They nearly exist now; but when you talk about cars, one always wants to drive a Porsche by oneself.
Q- Future of Cryptocurrency – Do you believe it will change the game?
- Technology is the key to moving towards a sustainable future and anything that contributes to this is welcome. However, a regulated environment is the key to avoid pitfalls of excessive speculation.
Q- Which other CEOs do you look up to?
- Have always admired Mr. Anand Mahindra for his diverse initiatives & truly making India global. Also, Jeff Bezos for conceptualizing a disruptive idea and working relentlessly to make Amazon a sustainable business throughout the world.
Q- When it’s all over, how do you want to be remembered?
- As a human being who brought small positive changes to other human beings.