According to a few reports online, Swedish carmaker Volvo has already started the production for the new XC60 in India and might launch the same in India by the end of this year.
The new Volvo XC60 will be available in both diesel and petrol variants. The diesel power plants are D4 and D5 engines producing 190bhp and 235bhp respectively. 254bhp T5 and 320bhp T6 powered variants will cater to the petrol-loving customers. Then there is the T8 Twin Engine petrol plug-in hybrid which churns out a staggering 401bhp of power which is the top-of-the-line variant. All these versions will come with an 8-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel-drive. Volvo has plans to launch front-wheel-drive versions as well as smaller-engined (both petrol and diesel) variants in the future. But that may take a while.
- T5 AWD – B4204T23 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine, 187 kW (254 hp)/350 Nm
- T6 AWD – B4204T27 2.0-litre supercharged and turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine, 235 kW (320 hp)/400 Nm
- D4 AWD – D4204T14 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel engine, 140 kW (190 hp)/400 Nm
- D5 AWD – D4204T23 2.0-litre twin-turbo four-cylinder diesel engine, 173 kW (235 hp)/480 Nm
- T8 AWD – B4204T35 2.0-litre supercharged and turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine with an electric motor, 300 kW (407 hp)/640 Nm.
Stay tuned to the wheelz for more such updates and a review of the new XC60.